Wednesday 30 April 2014

Bout of Books 10 Read-a-Thon.

Last year I participated in the read-a-thon, Bout of Books 8.0. It was loads of fun and I got a lot more read in a week than I normally would. I discovered some new favourite books, like Unwind by Neal Shusterman and A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness and read old favourites, such as Harry Potter. It was my first read-a-thon, but I definitely don't want it to be my last.

When I saw that Bout of Books 10 was coming up, I knew I had to participate. I think it's going to be a good week, I have a pretty easy work schedule that week, so I'm pretty excited for how much reading I'm going to be getting done. I've just come out of a reading slump (finally) and this is going to help me to catch up on a lot of books I've been wanting to read.

If you think you'd be interested in this read-a-thon, it runs from Monday 12 May until Sunday 18th May in your timezone. You can hear about it more, and sign up, over at the Bout of Books blog.

How Much Time Will I Spend Reading?
Well, I work full time which means I work 5x 9 hour days a week. That week I have shifts like 11am-8pm and 12pm-9pm which means I can wake up and read before I need to get ready for work, and I can also stay up late reading. Which is perfect because first thing in the morning and in bed at night are my favourite times to read.

What are my Goals?
  1. Read at least 3 novels and 1 graphic novel.
  2. Start a 4th novel (and possibly finish it).
  3. Participate in at least 3 challenges.
Here is the pile of books I'll most likely be selecting from...
I would love to finish all of these, and maybe I could if I didn't have work. But these books will most likely be the pile of books I choose from throughout the week. However, this is most definetly subject to change, depending on my mood and what I feel like reading at the time.


From the bottom up...
  1. Frankenstein by Gris Grimly (graphic novel adapted from Mary Shelley's original text)
  2. How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
  3. Crash and Burn by Michael Hassan
  4. Everybody Sees the Ants by A.S. King
  5. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
  6. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
  7. Wonder by R.J. Palacio
  8. Death Note (#1) by Tsugami Ohba & Takeshi Obata

I mentioned in my goals that I want to read at least one graphic novel. Above is Gris Grimly's Frankenstein, which is a graphic novel adapted from the original text by Mary Shelley. I got it out from the library, and I think it has the most beautiful cover.

If you want to follow my updates during the read-a-thon, you can follow me on Goodreads where I'll be updating how far I'm through books, or follow me on Twitter where I'll probably be tweeting all of the feels. Also, be sure to subscribe to/follow me here at The Bookish Society, as I'll be updating at the end of the read-a-thon how well I did. I also have a lot of book reviews, and other bookish things planned for this blog.

Let me know below if you'll be joining me in Bout of Books 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment